Mumbai: The final reinsurance regulations are due by the end of February, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Chairman T S Vijayan today said. "The reinsurance regulations are coming by February end," Vijayan, who is retiring in the end of February, told reporters...
New York: According to Guy Carpenter & Company, capital dedicated to reinsurance continued to grow in 2017 despite catastrophe losses.Due to ongoing excess supply and overall market resilience at January 1, rate firming was generally moderate and pricing shifts focused on client-specific justification. Guy Carpenter’s...
- World to be riskier place in 2018: WEF Survey
- Ajit Jain’s promotion provides clarity on Buffett succession plans
- Govt may set up a unified financial regulator at GIFT IFSC
- Hackers already targeting Pyeongchang Olympics — researchers
- Hurricanes turn 2017 as worst year for insurers as they lose $135 bn:Munich Re
How do you see the growth and development in Indian general insurance industry? Why do you think penetration level has remained so low? The industry growing in double digit figures since past two years is closely linked to country’s GDP, as both the rise in...
New Delhi: India is poised to raise its public health spending by 11 percent in the annual budget next month, after rejecting the health minister's demand for a much bigger increase to ramp up disease control, according to government sources and documents. Health Minister JP...
- As PM2.5 emission norms kick in, threat from finer particles will emerge: Experts
- India has enormous potential, says World Bank, projects 7.3% growth in 2018
- Nissan-Renault partnership plans $1 bn fund for auto tech startups
- 400 deaths a day are forcing India to take car safety seriously
- The wait for the self-driving future is coming to an end