New Delhi: DGCA asks airlines to make extra checks on A320neo planes with P&W enginesIndia's air safety watchdog on Thursday directed airlines to make extra checks on their Airbus A320neo aircraft fitted with Pratt & Whitney engines as part of new safety protocols after temporary...
- EV makers demand Rs 20,000 cr in the next two years for promoting vehicles
- Major farm measures likely in coming weeks: Agriculture Minister
- Govt to conduct economic census, to create a national business register
- Bill Gates congratulates Indian government for Ayushman Bharat scheme
- Turtlemint's $25 million funding by Sequoia
WASHINGTON: The World Bank Group today launched its Action Plan on Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience. Under the plan, the World Bank Group will ramp up direct adaptation climate finance to reach $50 billion over FY21–25. This financing level—an average of $10 billion a year—is...
- Pension Trustees seek corporate disclosure of Sexual Harassment Costs, Policies
- US Regulators disagree over giving Fintechs Federal Charter to skirt State Rules
- ``Rising geopolitical and geo-economic tensions are the most urgent risk in 2019''
- Cyber joins Business Interruption as leading Global Risk for first time: Allianz
- 65% chance that weak El Niño will emerge in Spring, U.S. Weather Service
How do you see the developments in the Indian re/insurance market in next five years? The Indian insurance industry is at an inflection point from where it is poised to grow manifold on the back of robust economic growth and higher disposable income. The industry...
- ``18 out of 24 companies are profitable in the Indian life insurance space in 2017-18’’
- ``The idea of sandbox regulation is good as it allows to introduce new products’’
- ``We aspire to touch Rs 1000 cr premium mark by the end of the fiscal''
- ``We have been able to reach insurance solutions to customers in over 2,00,000 villages in India''
- ``We have initiated steps to obtain a Branch License in Qatar’’
The privatisation of the insurance industry in the 2000s gave an overall boost to the insurance sector. However, till late 2012, banks were allowed to sell insurance products of just one insurancecompany, in each category. Thereafter, with the new regulation, banks were allowed to adopt...