NEW DELHI: The number of near miss incidents in the Indian airspace declined to 28 last year, according to official data. Near miss incidents, known as 'airprox' in aviation parlance, are generally those where the distance between two airborne planes is less than the prescribed...
- ICICI Lombard's net jumps 35% to Rs 289 crore in Q1
- IDBI Bank seeks govt nod for LIC deal
- IRDAI to frame new regulations on unit linked and non-linked products soon
- US may consider waivers for India on Iran sanctions, says US Treasury Secretary
- IMF cuts India's growth projection, but it continues to outperform China
With a better way to predict a storm’s power, or intensity, people on the ground will be more prepared in knowing whether a hurricane headed their way will cause devastating floods and winds that can uproot trees like Maria, which devastated Puerto Rico last year,...
- UK car insurance premiums see biggest annual fall since 2014
- Lloyd’s perfect prediction on World Cup champion for second time
- US Court Rules Airport Screeners shielded from passenger abuse Claims
- EU dismisses UK concerns about Post-Brexit continuity of Insurance Contracts
- Europe’s Banks move to greener finance in response to Climate Change Risks
Winfried Heinen, Chairman of the Executive Board of Directors of General Reinsurance AG Finally you have a direct branch operation in India. How do you see the journey so far? Establishing a reinsurance branch is an important milestone for us. We firmly believe in the...
- “China and India have seen growth in the demand for liability insurance”
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
- ``India is set to become the first and the only country to have a plan and strategies to reduce natural calamities losses’’
- ``Customers have started buying/renewing policies online''
Zurich: Over the next 10 years, the number of active satellites in orbit is set to multiply. New satellite constellations that deliver global services like Earth observation, internet connectivity and voice communications are spurring this development. Lower orbits in particular are becoming increasingly populated and...