New Delhi: Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu Tuesday sold the India growth story to Australian Superfunds to attract the rich superannuation funds, valued at a whopping 2.6 trillion Australian dollars, to the Indian markets. The minister during his meeting with a five-member delegation of...
- Reliance General Insurance IPO in FY19
- BoB, Vijaya Bank, Dena Bank merger: New entity to be operational from April 1
- Supreme Court takes note of 3,597 deaths due to pothole-related accidents in 2017
- Vijaya Bank, Dena Bank, BoB to merge: Govt
- Indiabulls applies for a license to float a life insurance co
London: Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc has agreed to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson for about 4.3 billion pounds ($5.7 billion) in cash as the U.S. financial services group looks to boost its speciality risk broking and global reinsurance business. Strategic Rationale The acquisition of JLT...
- Over 60% of insurance experts expect higher cyber-related losses over next 12 months:Willis
- French insurer Covea examining new approach to Scor takeover: sources
- Hanover to sell specialty unit Chaucer to China Reinsurance for $950 million
- Cyber insurance market size expected to grow to $ 8 to 9 bn by 2020:Munich Re
- Insurance sector to embrace new market dynamics:Swiss Re
How has been your performance in 2017 in terms of premiums, policies, claim settlement and profitability? The company has done quite well in the year 2017. We have posted good performance in all areas of operation and stands out as one of the major players...
- ``JLT Independent has premium placements exceeding Rs 1000 cr in a span of three years’’
- ``Market conditions are very tough in the Indian general reinsurance business''
- “China and India have seen growth in the demand for liability insurance”
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
Worldwide, most major non-life insurance markets are in a phase of below-average profitability. The latest sigma report from the Swiss Re Institute, "Profitability in nonlife insurance: mind the gap", assesses the existing earnings gap in the non-life insurance sector. The analysis shows that insurers in ...