New Delhi: India announced on Wednesday a ban on the sale of electronic cigarettes, as a backlash gathers pace worldwide about a technology promoted as less harmful than smoking tobacco. The announcement by India came a day after New York became the second US state...
- India can be a global hub for tourism healthcare & data analytics: Kumar Mangalam Birla
- ONGC fined Rs 2.05cr for green norm violation in Assam
- Govt mulling another booster dose to reinvigorate economy
- Small towns account for 15.3% of MF asset base, Maharashtra biggest contributor
- Global investors bet $45 bn on Modi's India. Now they are reversing it
London: Lloyd’s Returns to Profit in 1st Half After 2 Full Years of LossesLloyd’s of London, the world’s biggest insurance market, returned to profit in the first half after two full-year losses. The more than 300-year-old corporation made a profit before tax of 2.3 billion...
- New York state bans flavored e-cigarettes
- Governance is the most influential ESG factor for both banks & NBFI:Fitch
- Insured losses for Typhoon Faxai estimated at $3B-$7B: AIR Worldwide
- Drone attacks strike major Saudi Aramco facility, oilfield
- Analysts see 2020 reinsurance price hikes due to catastrophes
What are your board agenda for NIA now? The year to date permormance has not been great as we were hit by multiple catastrophe claims in India and abroad coupled with non-operational issues like write down of the investments and impact of change in accounting...
- ``We do write a lot of agriculture business and it contributes to about 40% of our business in India''
- ``We are more focused on improving the pricing and the other terms and conditions''
- ``Rapid technology growth compelling pragmatic shift in India's risk mitigation landscape''
- ``18 out of 24 companies are profitable in the Indian life insurance space in 2017-18’’
- ``The idea of sandbox regulation is good as it allows to introduce new products’’
The latest sigma report from the Swiss Re Institute, "Advanced analytics: unlocking new frontiers in P&C insurance", suggests that technology advances are enabling P&C insurers to unlock new frontiers in risk assessment and mitigation thanks to advanced analytics. Past successes that focused on improving expense...