New Delhi: The India Meteorological Department today issued an advisory to Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and the Lakshadweep archipelago over cyclonic storm 'Sagar'. The cyclonic storm lay centered over the Gulf of Aden, about 390 km east-northeast of Yemen's Aden city and 560...
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance records a net profit of Rs 921 cr, up 27 % in FY 18
- Oriental Insurance records a net profit of Rs 1510 crore in 2017-18 against losses of Rs 1691 in 2016-17
- 3 panels grill 9 candidates for selecting CMDs of NIA,UII &NIC
- IndiaFirst Life FY18 net up 46% at Rs 51 cr
- Govt to push wage code, table social security code in Monsoon Session
LONDON:- There is no guarantee that Brexit won’t disrupt millions of insurance and derivative contracts and it is still up to firms to take preventive measures, the European Union’s financial services chief said on Thursday. Valdis Dombrovskis was asked by EU lawmakers whether he could...
- Insurtech firmLemonade launches world’s First ‘Open Source’ Insurance Policy
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty outlines 5-year growth ambition for South Korean branch
- Iran Oil exports face insurance snag no matter what Europe wants
- Trump’s Iran withdrawal has oil shippers in limbo over insurance
- AIG shareholders approve $43 million pay package for CEO
How do you see the liability risks scenario in the Asian economies? The general liability risks scenario for India is viewed as low. However, this can be deceiving if applied across all of liability exposures as certain exposures at a primary level such as Directors...
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
- ``India is set to become the first and the only country to have a plan and strategies to reduce natural calamities losses’’
- ``Customers have started buying/renewing policies online''
- ``We certainly see India as one of high primary growth market with future growth potential across all segments of insurance''
The insurance industry is passing through testing times. The ever-changing regulatory framework, operational difficulties due to complex business processes and rising expectations of digitally savvy consumers are challenging the carriers to push their limits. Insurance providers have already been embracing core insurance technology systems covering...