New India's combined ratio falls to a record 102.14% from 116.28%,Net profit at Rs 286.47 crore,up 3 %, in Q1 FY 21
Mumbai: With a record improvement in its combined ratio(CR) of 102.14 per cent,the New India Assurance(NIA), the country’s largest non-life multinational, has seen its net profit going up by 3 per cent year on year (y-o-Y) to Rs 286.47 crore in Q1 FY 21. The...
- Insurers settle 70,000 Covid-19 claims for 700 crore, IRDA Chief
- NHA gives nod to integrate select Central Healthcare Scheme with Ayushman Bharat
- Taxpayers'' charter to send right message to global investors on regulatory certainty: Experts
- India reports a record 66,999 Covid-19 cases and 942 deaths, Over 1.28 Cr PPEs, given to states,UTs by Centre for free
- Zydus Cadila launches India's cheapest remdesivir version at $37 per vial
LONDON: Insurers in the Middle East are expected to absorb a large part of the losses from Beirut’s explosion last week with Lloyd’s of London and other international players expected to be less exposed, insurance industry sources said. Lebanese officials have blamed the Aug. 4...
- Prudential Thailand deploys Munich Re's digital solution, customers can avail real-time underwriting decisions
- South Korean doctors strike over health plans as new coronavirus cases climb
- Amazon starts online drug sales in Bengaluru
- Munich Re among insurers facing ‘Major’ Beirut blast losses
- Digital and new business capabilities driving modernisation of life insurers: Novarica CIO Study
``Millennial buyers and the maturity of digital tools will bring about profound change in insurance distribution models''
How do you see the situation triggered by the Covid-19 Pandemic and its extensive impacts on insurers? The biggest challenges and impact insurers are facing due to Covid-19 are: (1)the inability to sell face-to-face (this is pretty much how insurance was sold to date) (2)the...
- ``Traditional products will become simpler and standardized,the demand will be more for innovative products to cover emerging risks''
- ``Insurers are fast-tracking their digital adoption to survive Covid-19 Pandemic''
- ``Our strategy is to increase footprint in the developed economies while maintaining and growing market share in our part of the world''
- ``There will be a post-Brexit trade deal between India and the UK''
- ``Industry should focus on product innovations, especially in the pension space''
By John Authers The coronavirus pandemic has stress-tested the world. Beyond challenging human fortitude,national health services and international rivalries, it has forced a series of moral choices. Many have provoked impassioned disagreement — over whether governments can force businesses and schools to close, over sacrifices...
- Term insurance has emerged as a preferred cover during Covid-19:Survey
- Covid-19 Pandemic:Prm growth in emerging markets to remain positive in 2020 & 2021,says Swiss Re
- Eyes in the sky: Investors reach for new tools to gauge climate change risk
- Work-from-home:Best Practices
- ``India will be the 2nd largest infra investment market,to account for 8% of all emerging market spend''